2009-08-18

Peter Street Deli

Full tummy and a full wallet
This very old, family owned establishment is not a place that you can spot by flashy looks but it is definitely going to provide enough material for gastronomic memories of filling meals.
My choice was the Cantonese noodles. They sat on a bed of crispy noodles topped with chicken and mixed vegetables. Mmmm it was yummy. I dare you to finish the whole portion. The menu is dominated with Chinese specialties and you can have a meal with tip and taxes for under $10. The open kitchen cooking, in the center of the restaurant, can "stay with you" in a way, but it didn’t bother me. I almost forgot; there is an additional touch that nicely compliments the food prepared in front of you. No matter if you are there first, second or twenty second time, you will feel like a local. I’m not sure how they are doing it but i

No comments: